Sunday, April 19, 2009

A different kind of wait....

Sadie is not good. She is shaking and panting. Her pacing around the house is one of the many tell tale signs she is in some serious pain. Around 4 last night, she was yelping in pain every couple of minutes and I ended up sleeping on the floor next to her thinking it was close. I can't bear to take her into a vet, because I know she will be so scared....and I know they will want to do testing and then treatment on a disease I am 100% sure she has, prolonging her pain. For those who know me, I am a dog person, and my love for my dogs goes on forever....and I can't bear to see her go through that. I've tried to contact a few vets that do house calls, but I have yet to get a call back. Ashley is leaving it up to me to decide what o do, but I just can't make the decision on my own. She is my baby...and just looking at her is making me sob uncontrollably.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. Everyone loves their pets, but I think with IF they really become our babies. I know her pain is your pain. I hope you both get through the night ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry...we have a doggie that is 9 years old and I'm so scared for when the day comes that he can't hang on anymore. We've had a couple nights of crying (because I think he has arthritis) and its so sad and scary.

    I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete