Saturday, March 20, 2010

Ready or not!


It's 4:30 am. I should be sleeping but I'm not. I am waiting on that hospital call to come in for induction. Ash is wide awake too. We are both nervous, anxious, and excited all at the same time.

I finally started to freak out yesterday. I think I have been zoning the pain part of this whole process out and suddenly it's all I can think about. Having never been hospitalized or had any major surgery it's understandable but you can almost hear me think "it's okay if she sticks around a little longer".. The exact opposite of everything I've been saying forever now.

God, I should be sleeping. I know that the process could last 24 hours and that after that I could be breastfeeding every three hours for months..so really this is my true last oppurtunity to get any rest. Yet here I am.

Last night I was able to time contractions for three hours at 7 minutes apart before I feel asleep and they went away. These were definitely more painful than usual...so we thought maybe I was having real labor (if so, hey not too bad on the pain scale) but they went away. Which was probably a good thing, because of the induction, I didn't want to be that asshole that showed up at 2am thinking I was laboring to find out I wasn't and be sent home. This has been a lucky enough pregnancy that I hadn't had that happen.

Seriously, no phone call yet...this is going to be a long 4 hour window. It's like the damn cable guy, but in reverse, cause they aren't coming to my house, I get to find out when to come to theirs.

For those patiently refreshing or checking back on this site later to see if Madelyn has arrived, my plan is to post sometime soon after her arrival. Y'all have followed me this long, you deserve the benefit! So no post probably means no baby, but check the twitter sideline at the top for updates when ash allows me the use of my phone. (he is gong to keep it for my sanity sake due to parental "is she here yet" calls).

See ya guys in parenthood.
-- Post From My iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Eeeeeeeeee!! I'm so excited for you! Cant wait to read more updates (clearly, when you get the time)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Melissa!! I've been following your blog so closely waiting for your news.... SOOO happy for you!! PS - I'm writing this after reading your 'tweet' about Madelyn being born. :o)
    Congrats again! Can't wait to hear the birth story! xo

    ReplyDelete