Saturday, March 14, 2009

Costs of a baby...

Trying to come up with a tried and true list of absolute needs when it comes to a new baby. I've heard a variety of things, like you don't really need a bouncer....or a highchair.....or a changing table.
But, alias, I am still considering these things only because I am a retail gal, dedicated to the best of everything and not wanting to forget something I've been brainwashed into thinking I need.

Here's the list so far.... please let me know if I am missing something or don't need a particular item.....and any advice you are willing to give thusfar.

Crib - Preferably one that converts to a toddler bed.
Changing table
Dresser
Bedding
Diaper Pail
Cradle
Playard - for downstairs
Carseat - with two bases for car
Stroller
Bathtub
Bottle Drying Rack
Baby Monitor

So what am I missing?

1 comment:

  1. So...
    1. Some of my friends have the baby monitors that are like little TV's. Sometimes I wish I had that, especially now that Tanner is older. I'm curious about what he is up to, but can't go in the room to find out.

    2. The convertible crib - we have one, but didn't use the convertible funtion. When it was time to move up to a big boy bed, we just put him in a twin size bed. Has worked just fine.

    3. If you plan on breast-feeding, a good pump is a almost a must-have. Even as a stay-at-home mom, I utilized it plenty.

    Um, I'll think of more. :)

    ReplyDelete