Saturday, July 31, 2010

The News

This week we celebrated four years of marriage, FOUR years. Plus FOUR months of parenthood. How time has flown by!


We started Maddie on veggies this week. It was sweet potatoes for round one, which seemed to go so well, we thought we'd try green beans. I'm sure the look on her face meant "what the hell, mom." I'll have to post the pic when I get the chance. I also just picked up her first sippy cup as she is well on her way to holding her own bottle and is currently taking her binky out of her month and trying to put it back in...so I think she is ready. My plan is to only offer juice (diluted of course) and water in it so she knows that formula comes in a bottle, other drinks in a big girl cup. She's so big and pretty advanced so I feel comfortable starting her a bit early on these things. Shes so close to sitting up on her own too! Just a few more weeks maybe... I know every mom thinks we have the most advanced child ever...it must be part of our ever expanding love for our kid.

Above is the picture of her face after a night at one of her grandmas....who gave her a popsicle unopened to chew on for teething... only to arrive home with a cold burn across her cheeks that is still visible a week later. god, that was cool. We've tried really hard to be okay with nights away, four so far I think, but this makes it super hard.

I went crazy at a big toy sale this week at Tar.get. She's got lots of new play things, of which this singing cow that I didn't even think she'd like has turned out to be her best friend. She freaks out when she sees and hears it...getting all giggly. Its so cool to see her develop. Last week the exersaucer was just this cage that she sat in and stared at the toys in awe, this week she understands how they work and spins the spinners, pushes the talking buttons....you name it.

I actually had a glimmer of hope that we were pregnant again, but I took a test because I was *due today* and the gods gave me both a one liner and the ol' why didn't I just wait 6 more hours before wasting money on tests! Oh well. It would have been ridiculous to be pregnant already, I was just hoping I wouldn't have to do alot of this hurry up and wait stuff all over again. I'd like to make this family a foursome and be done. Pregnancy and I are not friendly...so I'd set my heart on being able to recover fully once and only once. So, it's "get right on it rose" and hoping we can get pregnant again soon during what's supposed to be our most fertile time.

No comments:

Post a Comment